Wednesday, 2 March 2011

WOYWW 91

* Edit*  Since I am still getting to grips with blogging and what's on your workdesk wednesday, I accidentally re-linked to woyww 91 again, for week 92.  So, if you're looking for my post from 9th March you will find it here (I hope).  Thank you!  *end of edit*

What?  I hear you say. WOYWW?  Please do explain, and so I shall.....

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - a place where crafters admit to the current state of their workdesk (tidy or otherwise) and share projects they are working on.  So here is my first post:


As you can see I fall into the "otherwise" category!  I was working on 2 cards for my Aunty's birthday, one from us and a commissioned one from my Mam, which you can see at the top of my guillotine.  She loves hedgehogs, so the one on the left is a tiny hedehog stamp to which I've drawn a balloon; and the one on the right is a Beatrix Potter mouse stamp.  Both have been coloured using watercolour pencils - which I love, as they seem to disguise the fact that I'm not that good with a paintbrush.  Among the general clutter is the  obligatory cup of tea  (in my Very Hungry Caterpillar mug), my folder full of information on trying to start my own business (which I probably should have been working on...), my latest photos waiting to be put into albums and scrapbooks and the never-ending piles of to-do-lists! Oh, and just out of shot in the top left are the paper daffodils made by my daughter for mother's day a couple of years ago.

Since this is my first woyww post and I also have a picture of my desk last week, I might as well put that here too:


Trying to build up some stock in this picture.  Had a bit of a tag theme going on and was quite pleased with the heart ones.  I also made some of my favourite baby pram cards, which I amended slightly this time to include stars instead of the usual flowers (but was gutted to find that my die appears to have gone blunt just right at the time I really need to use it.)  The bits of zig-zaggy robot themed card are my ongoing battle with trying to colour on embossing, without it going allover the place, and for the 2nd time the robots won again.  I'm sure I'll get there in the end. On top of my printer is my newly bought embellishment box, which makes me feel slightly more organised.  (I recently had to move out of our craft/computer room and now have a desk in the corner of the living room - I am not taking to downsizing easily!)   Oooooh, and on top of the the lamp base I have to give a special mention to percy the elephant made for me by one of my best and very talented friends, Steph :)

Off to have a nose about at some other people's desks now!

For more about woyww go here!

15 comments:

  1. Welcome to your first WOYWW, your Wednesdays will never be the same again!

    Glad to see that your desk is a hive of activity too (mine is a total disaster zone)

    Gosh, downsizing from a craft room can't be easy, good luck with that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard, watch out, you may become an addict...lol Thanks for the peek and sharing. Have a great WOYWW.

    Hugs, Marjo #5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy first WOYWW - you could have tidied up before we came!! (LOL just kidding - I belong to the slutty school of crafting and my desk is never in the picture - just the toot all around it!) Warning its so beautifully voyeuristic - you will become addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't Woyww fun? You've got quite the full desk there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to WOYWW! It's so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi welcome to WOYWW - great to see your desk with so much going on - my desk was a lot more boring this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry you had to downsize, but at least you have a dedicated space. I used to craft on my dining room table! Looks like you have a lot on the go this week. Have fun.
    DanielleP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh...hello! My first WOYWW too. Thanks for the peek!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome ...love the creative chaos ...I too have had to give up a craft room ... for a space in my bedroom but need to get new furniture before it will work so it may be a while before I craft regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to WOYWW :D. It's addicting, there probably should have been a warning posted somewhere... but oh well :D. I'm firmly in the "other" camp as well. Lovely creative goings on you have there, and the cards are amazing. TFS! #157

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to WOYWW! If you can fit your cutter flat on your desk, you still have a tidy area - brilliant!! Good luck with the business.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to WOYWW. It's only my third, but I am loving it and know you will too.

    Love a hungry caterpillar mug.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Carolyn - I think I'm going to have to have a mug cull soon though, just can't resist them! Also, just wanted to point out that I accidentally linked to last weeks woyww instead of week 92 - current state of desk can been seen here http://buggeddesigns.blogspot.com/2011/03/woyww-92.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice creative desk that!
    Playing catch-up on WOYWW visits.
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with Julia. If you can get your cutter flat on your desk, it is tidy. Mine usually overhangs my desk very considerably. Welcome to WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete