I was very kindly given a copy of My Memories Suite digital scrapbooking software to review, so I jumped at the chance. Although from the USA you can easily obtain your copy as I did (I am in the UK) by download, so no need to worry about extra postage costs etc. So down to business.
On first loading the programme you can either create an album from a designer template or create your own album. For my first attempt I used a designer template - holiday simplicity - to scrapbook some of my christmas photos. There are 7 page designs within this template and you can have as many or as few of these in your album as you like. Photos can be manually selected and added or you can select the photos you would like to be placed automatically (photos will be repeated as needed).
The workspace is divided into 3 areas. The centre shows a preview of the page you are working on, with thumbnails of the rest of the album below. The resources gallery on the left gives you access to other page designs/embellishments and a link to the MyMemories website where you can access more (with quite a few free ones, which is always nice), while the control panel on the right lets you play around with background papers, photos, text, work art, embellishments, shapes and extras video and multimedia, music and narration and album sharing options.
|Screenshot of My Memories Suite|
Once your album is made there are options to save as a slideshow, movie/DVD, photo album, calendar, card or page by page. There are also options to share your album via print, as jpg, photo/calendar and as an interactive album (with links to websites, multimedia etc) which can be burned onto DVD, CD or viewed on other computers. All these options mean your work doesn't have to be limited to being a scrapbook either.
I have previously had very limited experience in digital scrapbooking and found this really easy and straightforward to use and would definately recommend it for both novices and experienced digital scrapbookers alike.
And now for the added extras and giveaway for you dear reader:
1) Your very own Share the Memories code that provides a $10 discount off the purchase of the My Memories Suite Scrapbook software and a $10 coupon for the MyMemories.com store - $20 value!
To take advantage of this copy and paste the following code (to avoid errors): STMMMS48112
2) Your chance to win your own copy of the My Memories Suite. To enter the giveaway please leave a comment below and tell me what your favourite My Memories kit is from their website.
1. The giveaway will run from Saturday 24th September - Sunday 2nd October 2011.
2. The winner will be picked at random on Monday 3rd October 2011.
3. The winner has 7 days (until Monday 10th October 2011) to respond before another winner is chosen.
Good luck and don't forget to share this among your friends and followers.
By the way... this is my first attempt at a giveaway, so hopefully it will run smoothly :)