Wednesday, 7 September 2011

WOYWW 118 and a big day

Back to the wedding stationery again - it's 23 days away, so I'm starting to get a bit panicky!  My desk/floor is a hive of activity making 84 place names.  They look simple enough (sorry can't show you a finished one yet due to secrecy), however everything is conspiring against me.  There is no way my printer is going to feed any of my card stock (I'm starting to think something is up with it 'cause it wouldn't feed photo paper the other week), meaning I have to print all the wording onto paper and then cut and mount onto card, due to the background being embossed and the cardstock only being coloured on one side I'm having to cut double amounts so I can cover the plain white card; then as the card won't feed into the printer I am using different materials to the original plan - of course I didn't order enough card to cover this did I, and they were bought off ebay where the shop no longer has them in stock (I see a big google search happening tonight), oh and the die cutters have stopped cutting cleanly.  And I haven't even started on the order of service yet!  Still.... it will all be worth it in the end, lets just hope the end happens in under 23 days time.



All that aside the big news is that baby bug 1 has started school today for the first time!  They've only been in until after lunch,but she came out full of smiles and has had a lovely time and even enjoyed her school lunch - yay!  The next challenge is going to be getting the school uniform off her.

Best get back to the rest of my jobs for today, will try and get on here tonight for a peek at other desks and stories.

9 comments:

  1. Oh...Baby Bug is adorable and she looks so happy! Good luck with the wedding tags....hope it all works out(fingers crossed). I had the same thing happen with my printer but luckily I got it working in time to finish the invites. The bride to be was thrilled and the invites mailed. Load of stress off my mind to say the least. Thanks for the visit and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when my eldest posed for first day pics like that, now he's off to uni! Make the most of the years ahead :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have 23 days, you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont panic, it will all work out. you have over 3 weeks, that is ages.
    I have just done all my daughter's stuffs for her wedding , it was great.... enjoy
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got to laugh or you will cry! Babybug looks very smiley about the whole thing. I don't think they realise the scale of the event really, its us that does!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, bit of flying visit from me today but just wanted to pop in and say Hi. Thanks for sharing your little corner of the world with us this week. Hope your creative journey this week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the cards - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my, what a tale of woe. I didn't know that dies can stop cutting properly but, thinking about it, I suppose they can wear away just with use ... like just about everything does, including your printer - maybe it's just needing a rest, like you by the sounds of it. Baby bug 1 looks super smart in her uniform - she'll soon get over wanting to wear it all the time when she realises that she has to wear it almost every day for the next 6/7 years :) Elizabeth x #50

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how the waste paper bin is now the floor....mine's like that!

    ReplyDelete