Wednesday, 21 September 2011

WOYWW 120

Hello again.  I write to you this week from under various piles of paper, card, embossing folders and other such paraphernalia (no change there then!).  





The wedding is now fast approaching and due to my smugness at finishing the name tags last week, there have been some last minute additions/amendments to those, so that task was resumed. I've now started work on the table plan, which brings with it the usual challenge of trying to get an a6 embossing plate to fit a4 and a5 papers.  In the picture you can see the basic suggested plan and the design for each "table", which are currently awaiting approval before I can get them completed, the table centres will probably be in a similar style.  So once get those out of the way it will be orders of service and then everything shall be almost complete. 



(There are names printed on here, but I've hd to blur them out for obvious reasons)



You can also see a basket there which I thought would look a bit more organised if I shoved everything in there rather than having is sprawled allover the desk - by co-incidence it seems to have doubled up nicely as an extra bin today too!

Life is getting pretty hectic, I've had a few trips to hobbycraft (usually fatal, but I managed to spend under £50 which makes a nice change), and then as I was passing also nipped into some local garden centres.  I managed to find an elusive birthday present for my Grandad - a seed storage box by the garden museum, which I was really pleased about as it was starting to look like he'd be getting a garden voucher or just money. 

While I was there I picked up some cyclamen and winter violas which I am hoping to put in the planters at the front of the house, instead of the half filled tub of compost and weeds which are currently gracing our doorstep!  Talking of gardening, I had the "bright idea" yesterday to go and dig up the potatoes with baby bug 2 in the garden (hmmmmm).  It seemed a good idea at first, while he was happily playing with the football and ride on car, then he noticed Mammy had a fork and was digging in the mucky soil which looked much more fun.  He soon joined me with a rake from the sandpit and started digging in the soil and practically falling in the vegetable bed.  Then he had great fun throwing all the stones off the path into my trug of newly picked potatoes, before taking the potatoes out and putting them in the sand pit. His final idea was to start eating the rake covered in soil, at which point the digging of potatoes was swiftly abandoned.  I think I've said it before, but I'll say it again - all those gardening with children books that tell you it's a good idea - they lie! :)  (to be fair I don't think they are aimed at 1 year olds, but I do like a challenge!)  Alongside the usual chaos my Grandma has just had a knee replacement operation, so I'm on duty to help out with hospital vists etc, I've applied for a job (eeek, that just took about a week to complete the application form), I'm documenting all my job searching evidence for job seekers (which I haven't been paid yet), keeping up with the lovely people at be enterprising and the enterprise club, attended my first friends of school meeting and have wedding rehearsals, dress fittings etc to attend as well as a hen night and... in more exciting news, I have been approached to host a giveaway on my blog - so if you are interested in scrapbooking or have any friends that are then keep an eye on my blog as hopefully in the next week or so there should be a lovely prize up for grabs - more on that later......

Well, once again it's time to go and hide all this mess in a dark cupboard somewhere before the brood all come home with Daddy and wonder (yet again) if we have been burgled!

Happy WOYWW to you all - don't forget to go snoop...

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your space this week, I enjoyed visiting and hope you have a fabulous rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you sounds ultra busy this week! Hopefully see you next Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat space! If I had a basket like that next to me , it would be overflowing! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really interesting post ... I'm still laughing at your trials experienced in gardening with a tot determined to join in the fun :) I really like the seed box you found for your granddad - perfect for the job.

    I’ve a giveaway over on my blog, you might like to take a look at:- http://silverscrappers.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-memories-suite-digital-software.html

    Elizabeth x #125

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shame, your gardening time reminds me of a time about 25 years ago. Today that same destructive gardener is a landscape architect and loves his job.
    Happy very late WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous seed box. Shame I don't know anyone who gardens to that degree!

    ReplyDelete