Wednesday, 28 September 2011

WOYWW 121


A speedy post today as I'm cramming in as much as I can while baby bug 2 naps and before we have to get baby bug 1 from school.

Once again my desk is covered in lots of blue related papers and things for the wedding, and unfortunately yet again I cannot show you any of the completed cards etc until after the big day (which is this Saturday, so not long now).


I also thought I'd share with you my new desk extension (not as glamorous as it sounds!)....



As I've been working on and off on the wedding stuff over days and I don't have a dedicated craft space I decided to just keep shoving all the stuff I was using into this mega box and then chucking it under the desk, away from tiny (chocolate covered) hands.  By the way this is also a very useful technique for making your house look almost presentable to visitors (just don't let them into the room that stashed full of boxes and baskets of your stuff).

As I mentioned in a previous post it was recently my Grandad's birthday and I managed to make a (very last minute) card for him. 


He is a keen gardener and last christmas I gave him a trug filled with lots of gardening related stuff including some sweet pea seeds.  Everytime I've been to visit him over the summer he's been telling me how wonderful the sweet peas have been and he always gives me a bunch of them (along with some lavender, callendula and montbretia) when I go to visit, so this seemed very appropriate.  The image has been decoupaged and mounted onto manilla card stock.   I would have posted a photo of the flowers he gave me but I wasn't organised enough to take a picture of them earlier and they are a bit droopy now.



In other news my desk has been graced this week by a new printer!!!



It's a canon pixma ix6550  and capable of taking paper up to A3.  The main reasons for getting this were so I could print onto card (something my previous printer did not agree to at all) and so I can print on 12x12 scrapbooking papers.  I used it almost as soon as it was installed to print some stuff for the wedding onto card and it worked like a dream, I am so pleased with it so far.  I am now able to print directly onto card, which is going to make my life a heck of a lot easier (previously I had to print sentiments onto paper, then mount them onto a tag or something similar cut out of card and then add them to the card).  So all in all I am a very happy bunny.

Just before I go, another quick reminder that I have a giveaway on here for some digital scrapbooking software, which nobody has entered yet, so at the time of writing you would have a pretty good chance of winning it if you entered ;)   (See Saturday 24th September post for details, I would have linked to it, but I think my link would just send you to my blog homepage).

Best be off (must not forget to pick up child from school, must not forget to pick up child from school..).  I will make a serious effort to get round more desks this week, after my terrible attempt this week which left me visiting people at about 10.00 last night.

Happy Wednesday everyone!  Marie

5 comments:

  1. A new printer and a desk extension, Life is good. Love that your grandfather gardens. Mine did too, and so do I, I guess you can inherit more than eye color. Keep smiling and creating.
    Looking forward to seeing what those wedding bits look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks like the mother of all printers!! Cute card for your granddadx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's what I call a printer! TFS, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sweet peas card - perfect for a gardener!! That printer looks like the Terminator :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your desk extension...I must get myself one of those (them). Wow.....what a great printer! I'm thinking I need a new one as mine seems to have developed an attitude of late! LOL Hope you got baby bug OK and thanks for the visit! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete