Wednesday, 9 November 2011

WOYWW 127

Welcome to another woyww.   I've had a tiny card making session this morning, involving yet more embossing folders, ribbon, embellishments and even dug out the rubber stamps and heat embossing tools, which I haven't used for ages.  I still love watching the heat embossing process! 

I haven't decided whether I am happy with the cards behind my keyboard yet, was just playing around with ideas.  I'm still trying to find an easy way to colour embossed images, but haven't managed it yet and colouring each element with pens takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r!  I tried again today using the brayer technique.  I tried 2 ways - inking up the embossing folder (that coloured the background and not the embossed image) and using the brayer over the embossed image (kind of worked, but kept inking over the edges of the embossing and just looked messy).  Any tips readers?


So the result of my efforts is a few more Christmas cards to add to my stash.  I'm still wondering whether to have a stall at the school Christmas craft fair at the start of December but not convinced I will manage to get enough stock made by then.




Thanks for stopping by, remember to go visit Julia and all the other woywwers for a good old nosey!

7 comments:

  1. Same quandry here, as I am already committed to the Church Fayre, which happens to be the Lincoln Christmas fair weekend, but have I got enough stock/ will have enough stock by that time?

    Love the cards, simple and clean, nicely done

    Happy WOYWW

    Lou #46

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Thanks for sharing your creative space with us this week. I hope the rest of the week goes well and creative too!
    Neil #57

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LoVe to watch the heat-embossing process too! Fab cards - I am just starting to use embossing folders and am looking forward to getting more from Santa! Debbie #62

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the peek and sharing. Hope you are having a wonderful WOYWW.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cards are just beautiful and I hope that people love receiving them... I know I would xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards - so elegant - embossing spots always looks classy I think (Hazel WOYWW #89) x

    ReplyDelete