Wednesday, 15 February 2012

WOYWW 141

Oh dear, after all my promises I suffered another blogging relapse and managed to miss last week's woyww!  Thanks to all who visited my desk last time, I still have some (belated) reciprocal visits to make and will get there soon I promise.  I seriously don't know how some of you manage to visit all the desks each week - hats off to you!

A bit of a confession that my desk photos this week are of earlier on in the week as I've started to come down with some kind of lurgy and just fancy snuggling up on the sofa (that is not going to happen with 2 little bugs running about, one of who is on half term holidays), so I'm doing a bit of that scheduling thing.

Valentines day seems to have crept up on me completely, so I thought I'd better get a wiggle on and make my card for my other half.




I took some basic white card stock which I embossed with polka dots, some scalloped circles and punched out some hearts onto scrap (my minds eye) patterned paper.



The circles were placed over the edge of the card in top and bottom corners and then trimmed.



A strip of scrap ribbbon was placed behind the bottom circle with a semi-circle of punched hearts attached with 3D foam pads.  A single heart was placed the top corner and the top right section was trimmed in a curve, showing the red insert behind.

Don't forget to pop by Julia's and have a peek of what everyone else is up to.  Hopefully I'll be back here again soon!  Happy woyww everyone.

24 comments:

  1. great card! I quit trying to keep up with all the blogs and visit those that I can get to each week especially those that visit me! ;-) Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing. Don't forget my blog candy is still up for grabs so drop by and leave a comment and make sure you are a follower. Vickie #64

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a super Valentine card - must confess I didn't do one (told him indoors not to bother buying either) and then found the images I had brought back from vacation with me. Ah well, head start on next year. What's the betting I will forget about them!
    Hope you are soon feeling better.
    You still have time to sign up for my blog candy - it ends tonight - Hugs, Neet 29 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an empty desk...well almost...!!! Such a brilliant valentines card, so effective. Hope the lurgy goes soon and you're back to crafting. Karen 96 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only empty because it's in the living room and all my lovely stuff is crammed into cupboards away from baby bug fingers :) Thanks for the nice comments.

      Delete
  4. Cute card! Had a good visit to your desk. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...when your not yourself the sofa always seems most nurturing...hope you feel better soon and get back to your card making...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card, thank you for the inspiration, Great workspace, Happy WOYWW 141, thank you for sharing,# 52

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. Hope you're feeling better soon (Hazel, WOYW #138) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a really lovely card, Hope you have a great week Lou x @ #91

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a funky card! I like it very much :) It's such a clever design.
    Hugs, LLJ '72 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I don't work and it helps to have a reason as to procrastinting about making cards, or cleaning house if I have an excuse, and even then I've never made it to everyones blog! lol Thanks for letting me take a peek at your desk, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! I like the curved corner and the circles coming off the sides. What the heck, it is all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card love the circles, creative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card. I love the idea of using circles over the corners. Helen T No. 87

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super card...also like the 'reply' bits on your comment box. Thank you for my snoop! Have a lovely crafty week HaPpY wOyWw!!
    ((Lyn)) #15

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know the reply bits were there, wonder if blogger has just done that? Am pleased about it though, was a nightmare not being able to respond to comments properly.

      Delete
  15. Superb card. Take care, thanks for sharing & enjoy this WOYWW. Zo xx 86

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card! Have a Happy WOYWW week! dani28

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, love the use of the circles, Fab, Have a great week, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card, great way to use up scraps!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a great card there, so striking but also very clean and simple. Hope you shake the lurgy soon. Thanks for the sock love btw!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is such a great card! My DH would love it as its just his style and I particularly like the corner angle.

    ReplyDelete