Wednesday, 28 March 2012

5 little speckled frogs (woyww 147)

Hello fellow woyww-ers.  Missed last week again due to an evil sickness lurgy bug which managed to get it's way through our whole family and other family members who don't live here, urgh.  Anyway, everyone is ok now and the usual chaos has resumed. 

Easter and the end of school term is upon us, which means it's egg decorating time once again.  Baby bug 1 has been learning about all the obvious spring things at school and in a recent assembly which involved the telling of the hungry caterpillar story, the grand finale was the class singing 5 little speckled frogs.   So, it seemed only fitting that we should do the aforementioned 5 little speckled frogs as our competition entry (and why make life easy by doing only 1 egg, when 5 will do!)  So my work desk this week is the kitchen, which can currently not be used for the creation of anything edible....

The artist at work.



For all of you who keep commenting on the tidiness of my desk - welcome to my real world!

Frogs for dinner anyone?




Close up of a "delicious bug, yum yum!"
Hopefully I've managed to make it woyww just in time this week.  As usual I will have a sneak peak at more desks this week, where I'm sure there will be more easter and crafty fun!

Update:  I am pleased to say that baby bug 1 won a prize for one of the best eggs in her class - yay!  

9 comments:

  1. That project is so cute. I giggled at the artist at work photo. Wow! Stuff all over the counters! I must save this photo for when hubby says I'm taking over too much space. I can say that the kitchen counter tops are still free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, glad my blog post could be of service! I have been know to extend to having my stuff all the way up the stairs too :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my word how sweet is that! I'm loving the amount of stuff YOU have to get out to let your gorgeous gal do some painting! I'm also deeply impressed that you have aprons to match your tablecloth! Glad you're all better but oh, my sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I hadn't realised they matched! I can highly recommend having a tray for the little ones to craft at - easier to clean than the table and can be used to store/transport craft projects (it's now covered in a recent plasticine fairground creation, I can see I'm going to have to invest in more trays soon!)

      Delete
  3. Lots of crafty goodness going I see. Take care & enjoy snooping the WOYWW desks, it's now Thursday but I'm still nosing! Zo xx 74

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun ...they are so cute ...and baby bug too lol
    Congrats on her win. xx 17

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the 5 speckled frogs, they are cute. Also the real world desk, absolutely brilliant love it. Keep up the good work.

    Happy crafting
    Eliza no 181

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, no...not a whole family down and out. Thank goodness you are back to normal already... good for you guys....

    looks like everybody is having some fun and doing some serious painting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome speckled frogs and I love the concentration on the face while painting them. Thanks for sharing x
    Sophie no.183

    ReplyDelete