Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Woyww 145

I've made it again this week, I seem to be hit one miss one, but life has just taken over here as per usual.  I've been busy this week making my lovely Mam a card for that mother's day thing - which is on Sunday just incase you've forgotten.

Here it is in it's developmental stages.  I raided the scraps box and used some polka dot embossed blue and green card for the background, cut out a leaf and stalk image from some My Minds Eye scrapbook paper and added an owl brad embellishment (bought ages ago from The Works bookshop).


Then I mounted the whole lot onto a piece of dark brown card, with some of the leaves trailing over the edge.

Finished off with a couple of little brads (one with a flower and one with lots of tiny hearts) and mounted it onto my kraft card blank.  I did want to put a "happy mother's day" sentiment of some sort along bottom left corner but my stash was sadly lacking in any such thing and I've got no money to buy any new stuff, so plain and simple it is!


I will endeavor as usual to get round more desks this week, just need to keep those time pinching pixies at bay!

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation and lovely tidy desk!
    Have fab wednesday and creative week
    judex 17

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card! i just print something off on the computer when I run out of words to use, printed on nice card and matted up, looks great! Trish #31

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card, I love the little owl. Mother's day here in the Netherlands isn't until May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Card is lookin'good Have a fun WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I love owls!Thanks for my snoop! Have a great crafting week.
    HaPpY wOyWw!!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, lovely clean desk, Have a fun week, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quickly watching all those lovely desks!!
    Have a happy WOYWW Wednesday :)))
    Watch mine too, I've an awesome announcement on my BLOG(click)
    Hugs Marleen ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice indeed, love the owl. My link is wrong but if you want to have a look at mine I am at http://bollyanne.blogspot.com/ Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorjuss, love the little owl

    thanks for the snoop
    hugs
    Judie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous card! Your Mommy is so lucky! Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoooo ( sorry couldn't resist a pun ) needs money when you can make beautiful cards like that? Awesome job on using what you already have! waving hi from the warm and sunny hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, love the owl. Take care, enjoy snooping around the wonderful desks & enjoy this WOYWW. Zo xx 33

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful creation ... Thanks for sharing. Catherine 164

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute card. Adore that owl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate those time pinching pixies! LOL! The card looks totally fabulous! Happy Mum's Day ;) Have a fabulous WOYWW! -Amanda #39

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your sweet little owl card and it is just perfect even without a sentiment. Your mum will be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely sweet card, and my tip for you is to use your computer to make your own sentiments, I do this a lot! When I'm happy with how it's printed on plain copy paper I stick a small piece of scrap dp or card to co-ordinate with my card (using lo-tack dst)over the print out (hold it up to the window or a light source to line it up well), and then print again. You can cut or punch it out, mat it if you wish and mount it on your card! There's lots of free fonts on the internet too and you can change the colour of the text before your print.

    Hugs
    Brenda 12

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a cute card,have a great week,x

    ReplyDelete
  19. The card is beautiful. Your desk looks so tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card! I know what it's like. I may not make next week's woyww. We shall see. I go through withdrawl if I don't blog. LOL Always so much going on in our lives. The week after, I shall have the blog drawing. Join in if you wish. I also have joined your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful work. Love the owl. #88

    ReplyDelete