Wednesday, 16 May 2012

What's on your workdesk Wednesday 154

I've made it back to blogger (again), not even got anything exciting to report in my absence, apart from possibly resurrecting a dead goldfish twice (but that's another story!).   So today, I decided it was about time I did some more crafting, need to get back into the swing of it (espcecially as June is a mega month for birthdays around here).

I had a retirement card and anniversary card to make today, though my mojo and inspiration seems to have disappeared lately, so they were both somewhat a bit rushed and I'm not 100% happy with them, but here you go:







 And while I had the stuff out from the "cupboard of doom", I thought I should do something with the cat in the hat costume photos that have been gathering dust on my bedside table for a few weeks now, so I quickly put together a scrapbook page for that.




While debating how to produce cards etc. in a hurry, I had the idea to print off some of baby bug 1's line drawings onto folded A4 card, so we have some ready to go birthday cards, which will just need to be coloured in or otherwise decorated for those days baby bug isn't in a full crafting mood.

 

I've also been tinkering with picassa and my memories suite digital scrapbooking software for ways of making a mosaic frame with a centre image, think I've cracked it, but now I need some more recent and good quality photos of baby bug 2 (2nd birthday is fast approaching and I'm wanting to do a mosaic of his 2nd year and some other stuff).

So that's been quite a productive day while the bugs have been in the (much appreciated) care of the grandparents, normality shall resume tomorrow with school, toddler groups, work, dance class, rainbows and probably a few tantrums thrown in, so I shall see you anon...   in the meantime why not have a peek at what everyone else has been up to over at Julia's place?

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! Thank you for the peek.

    Happy WOYWW

    Zoe #36

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty little cards and I love the Cat in the hat LO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are great! #100

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards and I love your idea of scanning your children's drawings to make cards ... and ready for colouring too ... very clever. Hope you've had a great WOYWW. Elizabeth x #42

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...your cards are loVely especially like the butterflies...thanks for sharing...Mel :) #30

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super makes. Take care & enjoy WOYWW, working my way through the list as usual! Zo xx 66

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the cards - the butterflies are so pretty! helen, 4

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving your layout,fab cards too
    have a fab woyww
    kay #22

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely cards thanks for sharing , hapy crafting Jill #62

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful makes, lovely tidy desk... Hugs May x x x#26

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are lovely cards, but I know what you mean about not being happy with something you've made. That happens to me, too. But other people will love it so I just figure it must have been just fine, it was only my perfectionist brain acting up!
    #169 Deeyll

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the LO! Like the way you say - thought I should do this and that and then this and that, blimey, very productive and yet - still tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the birds and butterflies on your cards. So pretty. Think I will try scanning some of my boys stuff to make a few cards for their grandparents. Thanks for the idea.

    Come play on my desk when you have time.

    Belinda (#109)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She has since made a card from one of the scans, I shall try and retrieve it and upload to my blog to share, it turned out quite nice.

      Delete
    2. A picture of the card is now available at this blog post: http://buggeddesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/artists-at-work-woyww-update.html

      Delete
  14. Really nice cards, thanks for sharing and happy crafting.

    Eliza #19

    ReplyDelete