Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Woyww 155: dotty dinosaur

A quick peek at what's on my desk this week.  My best friends little boy turns 2 next week and has a thing for dinosaurs and I happen to know he will be getting some new dinosaur toys too, so what's a girl to do but make a dinosaur card.





Something quick and simple - scrapbooking paper from my stash (I'm afraid I'm not organised enough to be able to tell you who it's by though) was used to make the leaf background and a spotty dinosaur was cut with the sizzix.  A few extra leaves were cut and 3d foam pads were used to stick them on and the dinosaur.   I printed the birthday sentiment onto plain paper with brown text and a green border then mounted it onto plain brown card stock, again 3d pads were used to adhere this to the card. 

I have to admit I got a bit sidetracked while the laptop was on and entered the world of pinterest.  As a result I've made a start on some weekly to do charts that I've been thinking about making and printed off a set for me and a set for baby bug 1 to help us remember what day to pack the PE kit and other such important information. 



The cards I've used are actually journalling cards (from yellow umbrella designs) but I printed and laminated them and am hoping to use a whiteboard marker to write on them, just need to find a way of keeping them together and keeping them accessible.

I also came across what looks like a really good blog planner





My posts seem to be a bit sporadic to say the least, so maybe with the help of this I can be a bit more organised with my blog - I've printed it off so that's a start, but the proof will be in the blog so to speak!  So that's what's gracing my desk this week, off to pay a visit to Julia now and see what everyone else has been up to.

6 comments:

  1. Fab dotty dinosaur - all kids love dinsaurs don't they. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Pintrest can be distracting that's for sure! Visiting from WOYWW ~ Sandy #168

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one cute little dinosaur. The card idea sounds good, have you thought about putting the thin stick on magnet stuff and keeping them on the fridge?
    Have a great week,
    Von #22 WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute dinosaur card! Pinterest is very addicting. Sandee from http://inthehillsofnorthcarolina.blogspot.com/ hosts a "project pinterest" on Thursdays. I linked up with it today -- check it out.

    Since I work FT I am irregular with my posts - but definitely try to join in on WOYWW every week. You'll have to let us know how the blog calendar helps.

    Hugs,
    Kay #141

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dinosaur card! My son used to adore them, but he's a teenager now ... far too 'cool' for such things... lol ! I've seen the blog planner, it's a great idea although I haven't yet got around to making it! Thanks for sharing : ) Liz at 131 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute thanks for the link to the blog planner. Sandy :) #91

    ReplyDelete