Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Woyww 159


Hi all!  June is a busy month in our family, so a good way to keep up to date with woyww! 

Over the past week I have made a fathers day card and a card for my mams birthday.  My Dad is really good and DIY and very much in demand, but cards for men, well I find them quite difficult!  Anyway, off I went to raid the stash box ('cause I'm skint don't you know and can't be going out buying new stuff - booo!) and found some tool embellishements I had used to make a "Brian builds a bathroom" scrapbook (a request from my Mam when Dad installed a new bathroom suite and decorated), so I headed off to my (newly organised) scraps box found some plastic tool embellishments.  I used a tool belt, spanner and 2 nails to spell out DIY, mounted them onto some card scraps and voila!  Father's day sorted.
For Mam's birthday, I raided the stash again and found some Holly Hobby style 3D decoupage pictures (Mam likes Holly Hobby), so I duly pushed those out (they were pre-cut, yay!), added lots of tiny foam pads, stuck that onto a circle die cut, added silver dots and mounted onto some teapot patterned paper with a strip of polka dot paper behind it.

Rather pleased that my cards were ready to go in advance, meaning I don't have to sit up panicking the night before - then realised that baby bugs hadn't done any, so I know what we'll be doing at breakfast time then!

A couple more cards have been made recently for my friend's birthday and my lovely little niece who turned 4!  How cute is that little felt cupcake embellishement!






 Thanks to everyone who visited my blog last week and my new followers!  For more Wednesday fun pop over to Julia's place.





 



16 comments:

  1. VERY cute!!

    I didn't have much to show this week, so did WOYWW--The Daughter Edition!

    :)trisha
    #143

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cards! You've been busy! ~ Sandy #145

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't decide which is my favorite - the tools or the little girl. I love that you made her dimensional.

    Thanks for sharing.
    If you have time, stop by my desk.

    Belinda (#110)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards - particularly like the idea for the father's day card. Thanks for sharing your workspace. Hope you have a good week. Hazel WOYWW #87 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards especially DIY. Thanks for sharing. x Jo #84

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all your cards! Very cute!

    Katie (146)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi the cards are great fun ! The DIY one is so innovative ! And all from stash - I have to do more of that !!
    Have a fun crafty week ! Ali #39

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute, cute, cute cards! The Father's Day card is my favourite! Happy WOYWW! ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those cards, the fathers day one is very clever. Gottal love that cute cupcake.
    Have a great week.
    Von #28

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really fab cards! And I'm happy for you that you got them done in advance...I know all about that night before stuff! :)
    Deeyll #158

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous DIY card, so clever
    Sophie no.92

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy WOYWW! great cards, i specially like the DIY one, what a great idea!
    blessings and hugs from #15
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are great...so much the better because you're using up your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards...my favourite is the DIY one. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi all - just a quick reply to say thanks for all the nice comments. I've had a bit of a hectic week and some poorly baby bugs so I will play catch up and visit desks this week!

    ReplyDelete