Wednesday, 4 July 2012

WOYWW 161 - I want to ride my bicycle...

Hot on the heels of Dad's retirement* is his birthday!  Always struggle with mens cards (don't we all?), but Dad enjoys a bit of cycling so I thought a card featuring a bike would be a good idea. 

After a bit of google image searching I came across a bicycle dingbats font which was just perfect.  I pasted a bike into a circle, printed it off and mounted onto a scalloped edge circle.  A background of bicycle wheels was printed onto kraft card and I made a little banner with a sentiment. 

Quite pleased with how it turned out :)



Thanks as ever to Julia for the lovely Woyww idea, don't forget to say hi to the rest of the gang!

*I haven't posted Dad's retirement card on here, suffice to say it was a printed image from Last of the Summer Wine, featuring bikes, my Dad and geo-caching.*

11 comments:

  1. A great card, sure he will love it! Have a great week trace x 52

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute and masculine card. Have a great week. Vickie #36

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your dad will love his card. Happy crafting jill #43

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. Nice to pop in and see your creative world this week. I won't stay long; don't want to give you my cold! Hope you have a good creative week though. Nice card too.
    Neil # 33

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Those picture type fonts are brilliant. Hope your dad likes it, although I can't see why he wouldn't.

    cheers, rachel #53

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card. I saw a cushion with a bike appliqued on it yesterday - fab. x Jo #68

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the card.x
    TFS Happy WOYWW xx Charlie.xx #72

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, your dad is going to love it. #17

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Card. Happy birthday to your dad! Way to be resourceful with those dingbats! Thanks for the peek. Happy WOYWW! -Amanda x45

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card for a bicycling enthusiast. Love the way you stamped the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great man card! Hope your dad enjoyed his birthday.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #25

    ReplyDelete